What do Governors do?
- Together with the headteacher they are responsible for making sure our school provides good quality education.
- They provide challenge and support to the headteacher and the leadership team, drawing on their knowledge and experience outside of the school environment.
- They make decisions together on matters such as performance, targets, school policies and school development plans.
- They oversee the school budget and staffing as well as monitoring the impact of policies.
- They report on school achievements and respond to inspection recommendations.
- They hear appeals from pupils and staff and consider complaints.
- They ask searching questions and act as a “critical friend” to the school leadership team.
If you need to contact the Governors directly, please speak to a Parent Governor, or contact the Chair: email@example.com
For more information from Cambridgeshire Local Authority, visit here
There are many different types of School Governor, and information can be found here
Click below for all detail regarding our Stukeley Governors…