What do Governors do?
- Together with the headteacher they are responsible for making sure our school provides good quality education.
- They provide challenge and support to the headteacher and the leadership team, drawing on their knowledge and experience outside of the school environment.
- They make decisions together on matters such as performance, targets, school policies and school development plans.
- They oversee the school budget and staffing as well as monitoring the impact of policies.
- They report on school achievements and respond to inspection recommendations.
- They hear appeals from pupils and staff and consider complaints.
- They ask searching questions and act as a “critical friend” to the school leadership team.
If you need to contact the Governors directly, please speak to a Parent Governor, or contact the Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find out more information about what School Governors do from the Cambridgeshire Local Authority website.
Details regarding our Stukeley Governors:
Stukeley Governors Org Chart and Meeting Updates
You will find below links to download the minutes of recent full Governor meetings (pdf):
08 Dec 14 FGB Approved Minutes
14 Jul 14 FGB Approved Minutes
06 May 14 FGB Approved Minutes
03 Mar 14 FGB Approved Minutes
09 Dec 13 FGB Approved Minutes
21 Oct 13 FGB Approved Minutes
15 Jul 13 FGB Approved Minutes
Full Governors meeting 29th April 2013
Full Governors meeting 4th March 2013
Extraordinary Governor Meeting meeting 7th Feb 2013
Copies of these minutes are also available from the school office.